[Openstack] SWIFT AND FILE/CLOUD GATEWAY

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Fri Aug 15 14:53:35 UTC 2014

> Has anyone constructed their own high-performance/enterprise-ready file/cloud gateway? If so what
> software components were used ? I am specifically looking for a gateway which supports CIFS/NFS.  At

What do you mean by cloud? What are you intending do with it?
CIFS and NFS support are usually more in the "realms" of SANs / fileserves.

> first glance it seems the only immediate options are to share, via samba/nfs, a fuse mounted swift 'file
> system

You really do not want to run a filesystem where you expect any kind of performance wrapped over a http based protocol ;)
There are some tools where you can "mount" a swift store as a directory on your machine so less savvy users can use it to copy some files.
( e.g. http://www.mirantis.com/openstack-portal/the-comparison-of-openstack-swift-compatible-clients/ )

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen