[Openstack] Need help on GLANCE configuration on UBUNTU 12.04

Ritesh Nanda riteshnanda09 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:01:29 UTC 2014

Hello Alok,

check Keystone service and endpoint you created for glance , are they
correct ,  , if they are correct , check your credentials you are providing
 while running glance index.

Try this command for export this to your environment

glance --os-username=<> --os-password=<> --os-tenant-name=<tenant-name>
 --os-auth-url=http://ip for keystone:5000/v2.0
<http://192.168.xxx.xxx:5000/v2.0> index

Regards,
Ritesh Nanda

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Alok Kumar Singh <aloksingh at axway.com>
wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> I am in the mid of OpenStack installation on UBUNTU 12.04. After
> installing and configuring GLANCE, when I tested my configuration by
> running the command ‘*glance index*’, it is showing below error:
>

> *openstack2 at ubuntu:~$ glance index*
>
> *Failed to show index. Got error:*
>
> *You are not authenticated.*
>
> *openstack2 at ubuntu:~$*
>

> Can you please let me know what could the reason be behind or how I can
> fix the issue? Please let me know any alternative way through I could check
> whether my GLANCE configuration is correct or not?
>

> Best Regards,
>

> *A*LOK *K**. **S*INGH

* With Regards  *

* Ritesh Nanda*