[Openstack] [openstack][nova][vwware]Does present vmware driver support resource pool?

Kai KT Tong tongkai at cn.ibm.com
Thu Aug 7 06:52:58 UTC 2014

Thanks for your information.

As I understand, the resource pool supporting is still in discussing. It is
a sudden surprise that in IceHouse the resource pool can be found by
configuring it as a cluster. Am I right?

By the way, I have read the code and found the reason:
It applies "ClusterComputeResource" to retrieve all objects and then filter
it by cluster name. ClusterComputeResource is a sub-class of
ComputeResource which owns a property "ResourcePool". Then
ClusterComputeResource inherit this property from its father class.
Then if you configure your cluster_name =<resource pool name>
in /etc/nova/nova.conf, the resource pool can be discovered.

It looks like that this is out of design. Now I am not sure whether this is
only a surprise, or offically supported? Is there limitation in the
discovered resource pool?

Thanks.

Thanks & Best Regards ,
Kai KT Tong
Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure
China Development
China Software Development Lab,
Notes ID: Kai KT Tong/China/IBM at IBMCN
E-Mail :  tongkai at cn.ibm.com
Tel:  86-10-82453574
Shangdi Software Park Ring Build 2RW337
Shangdi, Haidian District,