[Openstack] Assign IP to Instances from External DHCP Server

Praveen Kumar kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:36:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

We have an openstack all in one setup and this box have 1 Ethernet card
(eth0) which connected to external DHCP (10.x.x.x). We created a ovs
bridge(br-ex) and add it to eth0 and also another ovs bridge for (br-int)
for instance internally communication. Currently if we create a public
network and subnet (with disable DHCP) then also floating IP not taken from
external DHCP server.

Is there any step by step documents which we can use to get IP for
instances directly from external DHCP?

--
Praveen Kumar