[Openstack] Custom QEMU Emulator Path?

Wolfgang Richter wolf at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 1 21:27:10 UTC 2014

I have a very small patch into config.py adding an 'emulator' node to the
generated XML on instance spawn.

This allows me to not override the system QEMU (and mess with my package
manager).

For future people customizing QEMU you will have to configure AppArmor
(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server here) to allow execution of the QEMU binary, and I
also had to enable reading of 'bios.bin' from my customized QEMU install
path.

My reason for doing this is that I am testing out some experimental QMP
commands and just need instances started with a special version of QEMU.

--
Wolf