[Openstack] NOTE: Re: migrate cinder volume

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 25 14:32:26 UTC 2014

On 4/24/2014 6:25 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:

> If the Cinder volumes _are unattached_ (and are based on LVM2), you can
> do this:

Yes, I know. With nfs backend I copy attached boot volumes back and
forth -- as long as the guest is powered off -- and then edit
volumes.provider_location in the db and restart some services on the
compute node. (Not sure which: last time I timed it to kernel upgrade so
I did a full reboot.) Presumably it can be done with lvm too.

> BTW Dimitri, what about BTRFS instead of ZFS?!    :-P

Even better: I'm on centos, redhat's going to go btrfs standard soon. I
said zfs b/c zfs support is already there, all they need to do is test
it w/ openzfs on linux.

Dima