[Openstack] Need to change Rabbitmq default port 5672

Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu) jeffrngu at cisco.com
Thu Apr 17 00:07:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a setup in which I need to preserve port 5672 for ActiveMQ.   On my OpenStack server, I'm trying to change the default port for Rabbitmq from 5672 to 5673.   I modified this port in /etc/neutron/neutron.conf and /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf and rebooted the server.   After the server came up, I can no longer log into Horizon GUI.   I verified that rabbitmq came up using port 5673 and some of the openstack services were able to bind to the new port.   Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
-Jeffrey