[Openstack] "[Ceilometer] What's the difference between memory and memory.usage"

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:17:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

Currently not all the supported hypervisor provides the memory usage
information. The 'memory' meter therefore collects the amount of allocated
memory from Libvirt and also Hyper-v. The other counter, 'memory.usage'
gathers the actual usage information from VMware vCenter, so it also means
that this meter is available only for this particular hyervisor.

Best Regards,
Ildiko