[Openstack] Glance 500 errors

William Dunn wdunn at mailtrust.com
Sun Apr 13 19:47:20 UTC 2014

I'm working on setting up Havana on CentOS 6.5, bare metal.

Everything seems cool up to here:
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/yum/content/glance-verify.html

but when I tried to load the test image into glance:
glance image-create --name="CirrOS 0.3.1" --disk-format=qcow2 \
  --container-format=bare --is-public=true < cirros-0.3.1-x86_64-disk.img
I get a 500 error:
http://pastie.org/private/l9hzbuacftyt9ashgt7ang

I poked around, and discovered that I also get the same 500 error when I do a
glance image-list:
[root at box images]# glance image-list
Request returned failure status.
HTTPInternalServerError (HTTP 500)

Doing a curl:
curl -i -X GET -H 'X-Auth-Token: blahblah' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'User-Agent: python-glanceclient' http://192.168.20.1:9292/v1/images/detail?sort_key=name&sort_dir=asc&limit=20
returns:
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 19:44:51 GMT
Connection: close

So, I googled, and I followed all the advice I found.  My filesystem_store_datadir
is set, I verified that there is a service tenant in keystone and a glance user
with admin credentials in keystone, the sql data is in both glance-api.conf and
glance-registry.conf, and is correct.  I verified that the unix user glance can
write to the image store directory, and that the mysql user glance can read/write
to the database glance, as specified.

So, I bumped up to debug output for both the registry and api, and this is what
I've got:
Doing a glance image-list, registry log:
http://pastie.org/private/cshdglpjxasmitl480ljq
Doing a glance image-list, api log:
http://pastie.org/private/wkceq0bdrunsvvm9qemdow
Doing a glance image-create blahblahblah, registry log:
http://pastie.org/private/xxetsfl0nopcaszvsiemw
Doing a glance image-create blahblahblah, api log:
http://pastie.org/private/jmsa5y30xn6xpay77weea

I can provide more info if needed, but I'm stumped at this point.  Any suggestions?

Will Dunn