[Openstack] Multiple Flat Networks same physical net

gustavo panizzo <gfa> gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Thu Apr 10 14:27:34 UTC 2014

On 04/10/2014 10:57 AM, Ageeleshwar Kandavelu wrote:

> How about this????
> in plugin.ini set like this
> bridge_mappings = Physnet1:br-ex1,Physnet2:br-ex2
>
> then go on and create a proxy bridge to emulate two network on same nic
> ovs-vsctl add-br br-proxy
> ovs-vsctl add-port br-proxy ethx

i thought i may do some like that, in my head i would use brctl but it
looked 'flaky'

your idea of using ovs to do the job looks a lot better, i may ended
using it if nobody else suggest anything better

my biggest fear was (if i were to use linux bridge) to 'flood' br-ex2
with br-ex1 traffic, and reverse

ovs, being a switch, should be smart sending traffic where it belongs

thanks again Ageeleshwar!

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333