[Openstack] Openstack Swift load small files

Roman Kravets softded at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:52:59 UTC 2014

Hello.

I have trouble with python-swiftclient during upload to match small
file to Openstack Swift.

It client make HEAD request for each file during upload before PUT. It
make very intencive read load to hard drive and as result all cluster
show very small upload speed.

I see that for each file it make 6 HEAD request (3 recplicas * 2).

When I use cloudfuse this client make only PUT and as result hard
drive load only to write data. It is make less IOps to hard drive.

What need make HEAD request for each files? How can I reduce the read
request for reduce load to hard drive?

Thank you!

--
Best regards,