[Openstack] Snapshot failure with VMwareVCDriver

openstack learner openstackleaner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 02:02:02 UTC 2013

I am unable to get snapshots working in my devstack setup with the VCDriver.

When I tried to snapshot a vm instance, in the glance image-list, i could
firstly see a new image was create and the status was "saving", few seconds
later the new created image entry disappeared from the image list and when
i check the vCenter, in the task history i found the "Create virtual
machine snapshot" operation is completed but there is an error of the "Copy
virtual disk" operation:  "The requested operation is not implemented by
the server."

Anyone has the same problem and know how to solve it?  Any idea about what
caused the problem?   Is this a bug of vmware api with the devstack?

Thanks

xin