[Openstack] Attaching FloatingIP to VM

Rahul Sharma rahulsharmaait at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 06:41:11 UTC 2013

Ideally, if you share your external network, then every tenant should be
able to use that network. Maybe you need to look at the quantum
logs(server, l3-agent, openvswitch) to figure out the issue.

Source the credentials for demo user(need to change OS_TENANT_NAME=demo).
Allocate floating ip using: quantum floatingip-create <external-network>
Pick the port-id of your vm: quantum port-list
Associate that floating ip to your vm: quantum floatingip-associate
$put_id_floating_ip $put_id_vm_port

If this doesn't work, then check the logs and see where its failing. Follow
this guide as it works fine:
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/blob/OVS_MultiNode/OpenStack_Grizzly_Install_Guide.rst

Rahul