[Openstack] nova-network and multiple uplinks (wrt. public_interface=...)

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:44:38 UTC 2013

Hey all,

since we've got a second public subnet in our datacenter, I am having
trouble with the floating IPs,
that is,

I am now having 2 public interfaces, vlan380 and vlan381 (instead of just
one).

So what am I supposed to add to the public_interface= line in the nova.conf
file?

All current IPs will go to vlan380, but all new ones will go to the other
one, but then they would
not get the proper SNAT rule via iptables.

I am still using OpenStack Folsom with nova-network in Vlan-Network mode.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Best regards,
Christian Parpart.