[Openstack] Help - swift with low IOPS

pangj pangj at laposte.net
Tue Sep 3 09:11:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-9-3 14:10, Jonathan Lu wrote:
>      Robert van Leeuwen once post a report of their experience in the
> mail list and I think it's such a good sharing.
> http://engineering.spilgames.com/openstack-swift-lots-small-files/

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have checked this one days ago.
Given the case, in the production environment, we have 3 nodes with SSD
for account/container servers, 5 nodes each with 2T * 10 for object
storage servers. Currently having two proxies. All servers are 16 core
CPU powered, storage server (account/container/object) has 48GB memory,
proxy has 16GB memory. The average size for an object is about 500KB,
there are many containers (more than 100 millions), but objects under
each container are few (less than 20). There is only one account for
TempAuth.
Is there any better way to optimize the architecture?

Regards.