[Openstack] Grizzly -> Havana nova upgrade failure: Cannot drop index 'instance_uuid'

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Oct 30 00:42:19 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 05:16 PM, Joshua Hesketh wrote:
> Hi Blair,
>
> Thanks for the clarifications, that helps.
>
> At the moment I'm trying to determine how you ended up with both fkeys
> so I can ensure the problem is properly fixed. What version did you
> first start deploying openstack from? Essex? and have you been just
> upgrading with releases or RC's or upstream etc.

I don't remember exactly, but here's a best shot.  I keep my systems up
to date on Ubuntu, so:

1) Somewhere during 12.10 I installed OpenStack, I don't have notes on
which one.

2) By the time I upgraded to 13.04 I had 2012.2.1-0ubuntu1.3 installed
as I have the 'dpkg -l' output saved just before the upgrade.  I was
using the packages from ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com for 12.04
even though I was on 12.10.  Upgrading to 13.04 upgraded OpenStack to
1:2013.1-0ubuntu1.

3) When I upgraded to 13.10 I switched from
ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com back to 13.10's native OpenStack
packages.  This brought me to 1:2013.2~rc4-0ubuntu1 and which have been
since updated to 1:2013.2-0ubuntu1.

Hope that helps.

Blair