[Openstack] [neutron] Connection to neutron failed: Maximum attempts reached

Rami Vaknin rvaknin at redhat.com
Thu Oct 24 13:59:37 UTC 2013

I would also check permissions on log file (maybe it has root owner or
something).
The best way is to start the service with the "neutron" user, it might
output a reason for the service to fail (I know it seems to be running
but it actually does not run).
Also it might be good to run "echo $?" in order to try to spot the issue
by the return code.

Rami Vaknin, QE @ Red Hat, TLV, IL.