[Openstack] Linux Distribution Recommendations for Testing?

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Tue Oct 1 00:11:55 UTC 2013

On 30/09/13 14:52, Clint Dilks wrote:
> I think if you understand the components you can get things working of
> any of the distributions.  The problem at least for me initially was
> understanding how all of the different components inter-relate.  From
> monitoring the list I think a lot of people are using Ubuntu so that may
> be a good choice.

I think a lot of that is due to the fact that OpenStack is developed on
Ubuntu.  This is not to say Fedora or Red Hat isn't a bad platform for
it either … hell, I'm orchestrating an Ubuntu-based cluster from a
Gentoo box … but I guess Ubuntu is where it started.

Hence most have followed suit.
--
Stuart Longland
Contractor