[Openstack] What's the difference between 'host' and 'node'?

wu jiang wingwj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:59:13 UTC 2013

Hi Razique,

First, thx for your reply.

Following to Michael's suggestion, I got some materials about it.
Let's see one BP about BareMetal here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/baremetal-force-node

    ----"With the baremetal driver, force_hosts is not sufficient since the
compute host is actually controlling other physical nodes. We need a way to
force which baremetal node is provisioned."

The implementation of the BP, especially in the scheduler layer, answered
my doubts.
And the description of the BP also coincides with Michael's opinion. So, I
think it's the key.  :)

wingwj

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Razique Mahroua <razique.mahroua at gmail.com