[Openstack] Centos 5 image for VM

Haefliger, Juerg Juerg.Haefliger at hp.com
Wed Nov 27 13:45:58 UTC 2013

> Hi, its nice to now, i've been using your usefull script on github, when used on centos5 it said not found /dev/hdc and some other error.
> i just need centos 5 because it will run php 5.2 , since it will be use on our developer,
> if it not available i must manually compile php 5.2 on centos 6.x

Which script are you referring to?

...Juerg

thanks!
On 11/27/2013 5:15 PM, Haefliger, Juerg wrote:
Hi,

Hi all, i've been testing for centos 5 to work on openstack as VM that can be
resize-able with choosen flavor.
is any of you have tried this and success?

I'm assuming you're referring to a bootable qcow2 image and not a split Amazon-style AMI/ARI/AKI images?

I'm the maintainer of the cloud-initramfs-tool package for Fedora/EPEL which you would need in order to grow the root partition. More specifically, the dracut-modules-growroot sub-package. However, it only exists in EPEL6 since I haven't had any requests for EPEL5 yet. You can file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com to request an EPEL5 package. But if I'm not mistaken cloud-init in EPEL5 doesn't support filesystem resizing so the growroot package might not be sufficient.

...Juerg

thanks
--
Regards,