[Openstack] Openstack with AWS integration

Steve Heistand steve.heistand at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 26 15:54:33 UTC 2013

I found it was easier to abstract up a layer. I have a single interface (Altair's PBS) that can launch onto
either local openstack hardware or out onto EC2 instances.

Both Altair and Bright Computing make software that can do this for you quite nicely.
There might be others too, but of course neither are free.

But if you look at the whole compute environment from the point of view of a batch system (pbs/slurm/etc)
its fairly easy to create the scripts/hooks that can create instances either in local openstack or EC2.

But if there are other more robust options I would be interested in other 'stackers' opinions.

steve

On 11/26/2013 05:47 AM, Mridhul Pax wrote:
> Hello Stackers,
> Need your inputs on provisioning VMs on the AWS infrastructure. We have a requirement where we need to have a single portal and provision VMs on AWS. Is it possible on Openstack ?
>  Any guidance or pointers will be helpful.
> RegardsMridhul

 Steve Heistand                           NASA Ames Research Center
 SciCon Group                             Mail Stop 258-6
 steve.heistand at nasa.gov  (650) 604-4369  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
 "Any opinions expressed are those of our alien overlords, not my own."

# For Remedy                        #
#Action: Resolve                    #
#Resolution: Resolved               #
#Reason: No Further Action Required #