[Openstack] Swift deployment in production

LIU Yulong 779738023 at qq.com
Mon Nov 25 05:14:43 UTC 2013

hi,
    You can go to http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/index.html to find what you want.
    And the Source Documentation will tell you How the servers communicate.
Regards

From:  "Pravar Jawalekar";<pravar3088 at gmail.com>;
Date:  Mon, Nov 25, 2013 01:26 PM
To:  "openstack"<openstack at lists.openstack.org>;

Subject:  [Openstack] Swift deployment in production

Dear Stackers!!

I have one question related to 'how swift is actually deployed in production environment',

How object/container/auth servers made communicate to actual underlying storage infrastructure?
I mean do deployment strategy of swift imposes any such restrictions that services for container, object etc. should be running on node where actual storage is present?

I am sorry if my questions is confusing.

 But please throw some light in this area - although i have gone through deployement documents found on open stack sites but they did not seem to give real picture of swift deployment in real world.