[Openstack] [keystone] could not find keystone.conf

zakaria amine zakaria.amine88 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 23:25:01 UTC 2013

the output of dkpg is:

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  python-keyston 2012.2.4-0ub all          OpenStack identity service -
Pyth
ii  python-keyston 1:0.1.3-0ubu all          Client libary for Openstack
Keyst
un  python2.7-keys <none>                    (no description available)

Thanks all

2013/11/24 Antonio Messina <antonio.s.messina at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Jitendra Kumar Bhaskar
> <jitendra.b at pramati.com> wrote:
> > Hi Zakaria,
> >
> > Can you please share the output of :
> > # dpkg -i | grep keystone
>

> The command is
>
>     dpkg -l '*keystone*'
>
> If the 2 chars on the left are different from "ii" you probably have to run
>
>     dpkg --configure -a
>
> .a.
>

> > Did you install more than one time ?
> >
> > Regards
> > Jitendra Bhaskar
> >

> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> On 11/23/2013 06:22 PM, zakaria amine wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> >> I installed keystone using apt-get. I want to edit the
> >> /etc/keystone/keystone.conf for adding the mysql db, but the directory
> is
> >> not even created. What does this means ? Thanks
> >>

> >> My guess is that it did not get configured, which might have happened
> >> based on the params you used in apt-get.  dpkg --configure
> >> openstack-keystone (or something along those lines) should copy it from
> >> /usr/share/keystone (or something like this, I don't have a debian based
> >> system handy that was installed via Packages...just devstack)
> >>

> >> --
> >> Zakaria Amine
> >> Email: zakaria.amine88 at gmail.com

> --