[Openstack] Admin pass in launch instance

Daniel Speichert daniel at speichert.pl
Sun Nov 24 17:40:53 UTC 2013

Hi Guillermo,
Please set:
libvirt_inject_password=True
in /etc/nova/nova.conf on compute nodes and try again.
This feature is very confusing, not documented at all and I don't really know what authors tried to to here.
Probably the way it works depends on virtualization method. In KVM, you can tell libvirt to inject root password into the image. This works for SOME Linux images. For me, it didn't work if I didn't specify a key too.
I would suspect than in Xen/HyperV/etc it has some other meaning.

Regards,
Daniel