[Openstack] Openstack and xen issues.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Nov 22 14:31:45 UTC 2013

I have put Openstack on a separate machine to try and separate and
isolate the various components I need to work with in the interests of
making my debugging easier.
This in retrospect may not have been the best idea.

I have had a very long history with xen and that may be more of an
impediment because I think I know things about it that are no longer true.

I am using the default devstack scripts as of a few weeks ago so it
should be grabbing the latest version of Openstack or at least that is
my belief.

Here is my sr-param-list.

uuid ( RO)                    : 7d56f548-174b-d42b-12f2-e0849588e503
               name-label ( RW): Ceph Storage
         name-description ( RW):
                     host ( RO): localhost
       allowed-operations (SRO): unplug; plug; PBD.create; PBD.destroy;
VDI.clone; scan; VDI.create; VDI.destroy
       current-operations (SRO):
                     VDIs (SRO):
                     PBDs (SRO): 40dd29a3-154a-e841-ce52-4547c817d856
       virtual-allocation ( RO): 348064577384
     physical-utilisation ( RO): 342363992064
            physical-size ( RO): 18986006446080
                     type ( RO): libvirt
             content-type ( RO):
                   shared ( RW): true
            introduced-by ( RO): <not in database>
             other-config (MRW): ceph_sr: true
                sm-config (MRO):
                    blobs ( RO):
      local-cache-enabled ( RO): false
                     tags (SRW):

I started tracing the xenapi transactions over the network and could see
the pool.get_all and pool.get_default when the sr_filter was not set but
once I set it  nova would crash complaining about no repository.
I checked the TCP transactions and did not see any SR.get_all while some
debugging prints assured me that the code was being exercised.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||