[Openstack] Volume in attaching state

Narayanan, Krishnaprasad narayana at uni-mainz.de
Thu Nov 21 23:24:35 UTC 2013

For testing purposes, I created a new volume of size 1 GB and attached it to an instance. I could now see the status “In Use” in the GUI. Also in the VM, I did a sudo fdisk –l to see a new volume mounted on /dev/vdc. I then detached the volume again, the status message was detached but in the volume it displays “In Use”. I am unable to delete the volume now.

Can I know does it usually take longer time to delete? Is there a workaround for this problem?

Regards,
Krishnaprasad