[Openstack] OpenStack - Debian have automated installation, Ubuntu do not, why?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 00:33:30 UTC 2013

Guys,

I'm a "Ubuntu evangelist", my entire family uses Ubuntu!

But, I trying to understand one thing:

1- Why OpenStack packages for Ubuntu is very "manual intensive", while on
Debian it is fully automated (with dbconfig-common / better packaging)?
Why?!

There is no automation for Ubuntu but, OpenStack on Debian is fully
automated... The keystone users and endpoints managed automatically by
Debian (db syncs, mysql, etc), but not by Ubuntu...

Is there any special reason to not automate Ubuntu OpenStack packages, just
like Debian does?

Cheers!
Thiago