[Openstack] Open Stack on Bonded Networks

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 01:44:29 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 07:14 PM, Howard Luckenbaugh wrote:
> I am trying to install Openstack/IBM SCO on a bonded interface with a
> vlan500.  I am having a hard time getting the VM's to talk outside the
> network over the bonded network.  Does anyone have any examples?

We use a half dozen bonded network interfaces in our deployment, so I
know it's certainly possible to do :)

That said, what are you using to deploy OpenStack? Chef? Puppet?
Something else?

What network model are you using? Since you are deploying IBM
SCO/OpenStack, I'm presuming you are not using Neutron/SDN, since SCO
2.2 uses the EC2 API for orchestrating resources and therefore has no
ability to use Neutron to create networks. This means you are either
using a flat/flatdhcp model or a vlan network model. Let us know which,
as it matters in setting up :)

Best,
-jay