[Openstack] [openstack-dev] Unable to access outside world from Openstack instance after assining floating ip

Aaron Rosen arosen at nicira.com
Tue Nov 19 14:29:30 UTC 2013

[Dropping dev list]

Are you using Neutron/Quantum? One guess I have is that the floatingip that
is assigned isn't being routed correctly from your physical infrastructure
to the l3 agent. Can you ping from the vm and then tcpdump on the  external
interface of the l3-agent and check if the ping packets are making it there
and are being DNAT'ed?  I'd also check that arp is being resolved at each
l2 segment

Aaron