[Openstack] [Foundation Board] Resolutions from the Technical Committee

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Nov 14 19:09:43 UTC 2013

On 11/14/2013 09:56 AM, Boris Renski wrote:
> If per bylaws any integrated project can called itself "OpenStack Blah"
> then we return to the question of current difference between integrated
> and core. It seems like there is no alignment. Jonathan's opinion
> contradicts Thierry's.

I don't see this contradiction between what Thierry says and what
Jonathan says. On the contrary, I see Jonathan's words confirming what
Thierry said.

My understanding is that both are saying that since OpenStack
Orchestration and Metering are released together with other packages
(modules) in *one*, *integrated* release managed by the TC, they can be
called 'OpenStack'-something under art. 4.1(b) of the bylaws. My
understanding is that Trove will likely be in the same situation as Heat
once it graduates out of incubation.

> Perhaps, we should all just agree that there is no difference until
> after the interop work is done and core becomes defined via a series of
> tests?

I can agree that the term 'core' is overloaded and confusing at this
point :)

My understanding is that "Core" is the spider discussion, integrated is
the list of packages/modules listed on http://www.openstack.org/software/

/stef