[Openstack] [Foundation Board] Resolutions from the Technical Committee

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 14 16:56:09 UTC 2013

Boris Renski wrote:
> None of this answers the question of "what is currently the difference
> between core and integrated." I agree with everything you said, but it
> sounds to me like *integrated* = *core* at this point.

Well, no.

"Integrated" is the list of projects we produce and release together
every 6 months. That's fully determined by the TC.

"The Core OpenStack Project" as defined in the bylaws is the list of
projects that can call themselves "OpenStack X". The TC recommends that
it's the same as the list of integrated projects, but the BoD may decide
to exclude some of those (since the bylaws grant them that power).

And then there are all the other fun use cases for the word "core".

So while there is definitely a relation between "Integrated" and one of
the many use cases of the term "Core", I definitely wouldn't go as far
as saying *integrated* = *core* at this point.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)