[Openstack] [swift] Frequent OperationalError (database locked) in 1.10.0 (Havana)

Juan J. Martinez juan at memset.com
Thu Nov 14 14:18:37 UTC 2013

On 13/11/13 13:59, Juan J. Martinez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've upgraded to Havana and I'm getting frequent errors like this:

Just for the record, a paste with a complete error:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/52790/

I've managed to isolate the change that introduced the problem:

https://github.com/openstack/swift/commit/0fdad0d9d9e68b00f61171bb2a0dfd840ef5345f

As this change is just for PyPy support I've reverted it and the problem
is gone.

Unfortunately I can't really explain why.

According to sqlite3 docs [1], *execute* method in the connection is
creating a cursor, but it looks like the cursor created explicitly is
doing something differently (at least in Python 2.6 running on Squeeze),
because I got rid of the OperationalError (database is locked) errors.

Kind regards,

Juan

[1]: http://docs.python.org/2/library/sqlite3.html#using-sqlite3-efficiently

--
Juan J. Martinez
Software Developer, MEMSET

mail: juan at memset.com
 web: http://www.memset.com/

Memset Ltd., registration number 4504980.
Building 87, Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey GU6 8TB, UK.