[Openstack] Openstack Neutron - ML2 Plugin Deep Dive.

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 06:45:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I opened a bug [1] for ARP responder with the OVS agent and I started code
[2] to implement it.
I plan to use ebtables to generate ARP answers because I didn't find a way
to do it with OVS with flows table.
And at the last summit, I asked an OVS developer and it seems not possible
actually.
The started code only implement the ebtables wrapper (based on iptables
wrapper).
I still need to create ebtables tables/rules to answer ARP in the OVS agent
code.
The ML2 l2-pop mechanism driver send all information to set that
tabes/rules.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1237427
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49227

Regards,