[Openstack] Help for a newbie: I am sure it is somewhere in the documentation ...

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Wed Nov 13 14:01:18 UTC 2013

Don:

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Rolph III, Don <rolphd at amgen.com> wrote:

>  I have a copy of devstack  up and running ad have been experimenting
> with it.
>

> I would like to capture a checkpoint of the cirros image before I run my
> next experiment.

You create snapshot your running instance into a new image. You can then
start a new instance from that image.

http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/instance_snapshots.html

>From the command line: "nova image-create":

usage: nova image-create [--poll] <server> <name>

Create a new image by taking a snapshot of a running server.

Positional arguments:
  <server>  Name or ID of server.
  <name>    Name of snapshot.

Optional arguments:
  --poll    Blocks while instance snapshots so progress can be reported.

Lorin