[Openstack] [TROVE] - Difference between Backup and Snapshot

Giuseppe Galeota giuseppegaleota at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 11:18:37 UTC 2013

Dear all,
>The system does backups and currently is implemented using mysqldump and
percona xtrabackup.
>A backup snapshot[1] is a copy of the database data that is stored on the
volume or locally on the instance and backed up to swift at a point in time.

I have a follow-up question to this.

If I delete the database instace (e.g. the virtual machine - in which there
is the engine MySQL and the Trove's Guest Agent - and the volume attached)
by accident, how can I restore that instance even if I have a backup of the
database?

Thanks,
Giuseppe