[Openstack] How to boot a Server with a default Network?

GROSZ, Maty (Maty) maty.grosz at alcatel-lucent.com
Sun Nov 10 11:23:10 UTC 2013

Hi, all,

Can someone explain how do I boot a new Server with list on Networks, how do I "tell" the backend service what is the default Network I want?
I don't see any API for telling what is the default Network. I don't see an attribute for that - not in the create Server or List/Get server APIs.

I have found in my search a documentation about Network Provider Attributes, describing the provider:physical_network attribute: If a physical network named "default" has been configured, and if provider:network_type is flat or vlan, then "default" is used.

Is the Network Name attribute is the one I am looking for?

Thanks,

Maty.