[Openstack] Heat Template

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Sun Nov 10 00:37:00 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel, if you are using the latest trunk, you can do this:

resources:
  yourServer:
    type: OS::Nova::Server
    properties:
      user_data: |
        Here is the raw data
      user_data_format: RAW

Note that when using this RAW format, Heat will not configure the server
for usage with heat-cfntools. If you want to use the default way, you
can just make your user_data script an executable which writes out the
content you want at a local file.

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Nova::Server

Excerpts from Daniel Kuffner's message of 2013-11-06 06:14:42 -0800: