[Openstack] Fwd: unable to add virtual network interface to VM

Liu Wenmao marvelliu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 15:56:34 UTC 2013

hi all:

I recently upgrade openstack grizzly to havana, I have a lot of trouble
when upgrading quantum to neutron. So I create a blank neutron database and
use the original nova database.

But when I login the website, I find that every VM has no ip or network
interface(only loopback interface), so I create a port for a VM, but after
I reboot the VM( or even reboot physical node ), the VM vid does not appear.

So how can I add the original interface to the existing VM, please? It is
really a big problem for me, some data is still in those VMs.

Thansk in advanced.

Liu Wenmao