[Openstack] Dashboard Overview tab shows 2 phantom instances

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 11:41:23 UTC 2013

Hi list,

The Overview tab from dashboard shows on "used" metric 2 extra instances:
- if i have no instances created in the Instances tab it will show
"Instances Used 2 of 30"
- if there are n instances created it will show "Instances Used n+2 of 30"

In the nova db i have the correct number of instances:
 - SELECT * FROM nova.instances where vm_state<>'deleted'; returns 0

This may have happened when I got a kernel crash. I would like to know
from what table is reading the information, in order to manually
correct it?

Thank you,
Cristian Falcas