[Openstack] kvm troubleshooting

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 09:38:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Stephane EVEILLARD
<stephane.eveillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> installing nova it says kvm wasn't installed on my controller,  message
> which saw for the first time
> when I try to inqtall kvm it says packages doesn't exist ....

Which operating system are you using? How are you installing nova? Can
you post the exact command and output?

On ubuntu, the package name you have to install is "nova-compute-kvm"
which in turns will install "kvm".

However, you should first check if your machine supports kvm. The
command to run is "kvm-ok", and it belongs to the "cpu-checker" package.

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22
GC3: Grid Computing Competence Center      http://www.gc3.uzh.ch/