[Openstack] What key strings can we set in "scheduler_hints" param when boot an instance?

openstack learner openstackleaner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 20:00:34 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am using the nova python api and recently i need to use the filter
schedule hint when i boot up an instance.  In the
novaclient.v1_1.client.Client.servers.create() method, there is a
:param scheduler_hints: (optional extension) arbitrary key-value pairs
                          specified by the client to help boot an instance

which we can specify the key-value pairs to help boot an instance.

However, i don't know what "key string" can I specify in my key-values
pairs. I search online but did not get any information about that?  Is
there any document that list all the keystrings we can specify in the
scheduler_hints?  I would like to have a list of all the "keys" that we can
specify in the scheduler_hints.

Thanks a lot

xin