[Openstack] Keystone commands time out. Cannot log onto openstack horizon GUI

Dheerendra dheerendra.madhusudhana at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 06:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi Yuling

Are you running keystone on two systems ?

Observation :1

Your keystone end-points are defined

endpoints": [{"adminURL": "http://172.16.59.223:35357/v2.0", "region":
"RegionOne", "internalURL": "http://172.16.59.223:5000/v2.0", "id":
"412e38b88af940798edc53bbf87da17a", "publicURL": "
http://172.16.59.223:5000/v2.0"}], "endpoints_links": [], "type":
"identity", "name": "keystone"}]

Observation : 2
At the same time communication is happening with http://127.0.0.1:5000 and
http://127.0.0.1:35357.

Looks like Opestack(nova etc )components are accessing the keystone at
local address.

Observation : 3

2013-11-03 21:16:45    DEBUG [keystone.common.wsgi] REMOTE_ADDR = 127.0.0.1

It means that remote IP address is also with local address.

Few questions.

1. Can you check keystone.conf. What is the IP address used ?
2. Can you check nova.conf or other *.conf files to see what keystone IP
address specified. Looks like it is taking local ip address ?
3. Do you have all the components on single box ? OR Is it multi node setup
?
4. Can you check keystone installation with following the below link ? What
is the outcome of this ?

http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/keystone-verify.html

-Dheerendra