[Openstack] Keystone commands time out. Cannot log onto openstack horizon GUI

Yuling_C at DELL.com Yuling_C at DELL.com
Sun Nov 3 07:27:56 UTC 2013

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi All,

We have been using openstack pretty well for quite a few months. Suddenly, after a controller server reboot, we were not able to log onto horizon GUI. The login page was prompted. However, after we typed the correct user name and password, we got error message saying "Something went wrong".

I guess it is the keystone issue. When I tried the commands 'keystone user-list' and 'keystone role-list', I got '[Error 110]Connection time out' after some time. I tried to sync db by executing 'keystone-manage db_sync'. The command went through fine, but the issue still stayed the same.

I turned on debug in keystone.conf. However, I was not able to find any useful info in the keystone.log.

Any ideas? We are using Grizzly version of openstack.

Thanks very much,

YuLing