[Openstack] glance client not working

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Thu May 2 12:51:19 UTC 2013

On 01.05.2013 20:34, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 05/01/2013 02:28 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm currently working on setting up OpenStack using Ansible (after
>> giving up on Puppet) and have keystone running and Glance running.
>> The problem I now have is that the client doesn't seem to work:
>>
>> [root at controller1 ~]# glance index
>> ID                                   Name                           Disk
>> Format          Container Format     Size
>> ------------------------------------ ------------------------------
>> -------------------- -------------------- --------------
>> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
>> [root at controller1 ~]# glance image-list
>> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
>> [root at controller1 ~]# glance image-create --name=cirros-0.3-x86_64
>> --is-public=true --container-format=bare --disk-format=qcow2 <
>> cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img
>> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't get any meaningful error and the api and registry
>> logs don't show anything either despite debug=True.
>>
>> Any ideas how I could find out what the problem is?
>
> The problem is likely your image endpoint in the Keystone service catalog.

Ineed the endpoint variables in the ansible template weren't substituted
due to a typo and after fixing this I no longer get the error and
image-list and image-create now work as expected. Thanks!

> What does `keystone service-catalog` show?

There is only a 'catalog' command and that throws an error:

[root at controller1 ~]# keystone catalog
WARNING: Bypassing authentication using a token & endpoint
(authentication credentials are being ignored).
Configuration error: Client configured to run without a service catalog.
Run the client using --os-auth-url or OS_AUTH_URL, instead of
--os-endpoint or OS_SERVICE_ENDPOINT, for example.

This is strange though because commands like "service-list" and
"endpoint-list" work without any problem.
Any idea what is special about 'catalog' to show this behaviour?

Regards,
   Dennis