[Openstack] glance client not working

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Wed May 1 18:28:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm currently working on setting up OpenStack using Ansible (after
giving up on Puppet) and have keystone running and Glance running.
The problem I now have is that the client doesn't seem to work:

[root at controller1 ~]# glance index
ID                                   Name                           Disk
Format          Container Format     Size
------------------------------------ ------------------------------
-------------------- -------------------- --------------
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
[root at controller1 ~]# glance image-list
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
[root at controller1 ~]# glance image-create --name=cirros-0.3-x86_64
--is-public=true --container-format=bare --disk-format=qcow2 <
cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Unfortunately I don't get any meaningful error and the api and registry
logs don't show anything either despite debug=True.

Any ideas how I could find out what the problem is?

Regards,
   Dennis