[Openstack] Openstack : working without ephemeral disk, only persistance cinder "bootable" volume.

Benoit ML ben42ml at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:25:11 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm working about an openstack cloud architecture. Well I'd like to
work only with persistance volume.

My hypervisor (compute node) will only have a small sized system disk
(flash cache, usb key, something like this).
And I will have a NetApp SAN for iSCSI, controlled by cinder.

I presume i will have about 20-40 nova profiles.

Well so have you got any exemple of working with  bootable volume ?
What will be the best methode ?
How to easy  handle and create bootable volume from multiple différent
 OS ? And in OpenStack Folsom  the cinder "copy_id_image_to_volume"
doesnt work ...

Thank you in advance !

Regards,
--