[Openstack] Propagation of account state management changes in keystone across all the services

Daniel Hardman dhardman at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Jun 25 18:36:59 UTC 2013

Susanne:

How much synchronicity is required? Can we broadcast an rpc.cast-style
event over AMQP and simply tell each component to react as it sees fit, on
its own timeframe? Or does Keystone need to get an ACK from every
participant before it can proceed?

--Daniel Hardman
Chief Solutions Architect
Adaptive Computing

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Balle, Susanne <Susanne.Balle at hp.com>wrote:

>  Hi****
>
> ** **
>
> We are looking into how to best architect the propagation of account state
> management changes in keystone across all the services. For example, when
> we delete a customer domain and/or its tenants, it is currently a
> multi-step process with potentially many manual tasks.  This is error prone
> and does not scale.   Ideally, we would want the state change in Keystone
> to dynamically propagate to all our services so they can do things like
> provision or de-provision internal entities. We were thinking of initially
> implementing some standard APIs in Keystone to propagate the state change
> but are open to discussing the best architectural path forward to solving
> this problem( e.g. Message queue, standard API, etc).  ****
>
>  ****
>
> Additionally we need to be able to do administrative functions like delete
> a project and have that propagate throughout all the services and perform
> the correct cleanup operations. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thoughts?****
>
> ** **
>
> Susanne****

> Susanne M. Balle
> Hewlett-Packard
> Cloud Services ****
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email. ****
>
> ** **

Why?

I believe in making complex computing simple so the world can innovate and
improve. http://codecraft.co/2013/01/30/why