[Openstack] Can I run qemu-kvm in an OpenStack Instance

laclasse laclasse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 21:05:14 UTC 2013

What is the guest OS? It seems the error "Module kvm not found" points to
the missing kernel module rather than it not loading.
Is the guest kernel  > 2.6.23? Can you find a kvm.ko and kvm-intel.ko on
the guest file system?

I'd recommend looking at this for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora:
http://kashyaspc.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/nested-virtualization-with-kvm-and-intel-on-fedora-18/
Hope this helps.