[Openstack] How to work with Flat DHCP Grizzly

Calvin Austin caustin at bitglass.com
Thu Jul 25 17:44:58 UTC 2013

Openstack networking can be very frustrating, the guide you are following
is for quantum so you don't use nova.networking configurations.

1. download the cirros image in the tutorial , you can then login via vnc
without networking and rebuild a static network on that image for testing

Quantum is managing the dhcp so look at the dhcp logs to see if it even
received the request, I believe quantum still uses dnsmasq for managing
dhcp, tcpdump -i the bridge to see if you see where the request is going.

The guide you are using seems quite specialized, I would suggest comparing
with other guides, I use nova networking myself.

regards
calvin