[Openstack] [Ceilometer] Problem with nova resize events

Alessandro Barabesi abarabesi at enter.it
Wed Jul 24 16:51:10 UTC 2013

Hi Jay and Julien

thanks very much for your help. I am not terribly familiar with github and code reviews,
I am not a developer :(, so maybe I am not using the correct terms here.

We are using version 2013.1.2  of ceilometer, so we have no "ComputeInstanceNotificationBase" class in notifications.py, instead we have

" class _Base(plugin.NotificationBase) ", which handles events with

get_event_types():
        return ['compute.instance.create.end',
                'compute.instance.exists',
                'compute.instance.delete.start',
                'compute.instance.finish_resize.end',
                'compute.instance.resize.revert.end']

like ComputeInstanceNotificationBase does.

What is your suggestion in order to enable handlings of more compute events, considering we will go live in 2-3 weeks time?

1- We wait for Julien's patch to be approved and we upgrade to the patched version.
2- We modify ourselves get_event_types() on our installation
3- ?

Thanks
Alex